Tuesday, September 27, 2011

General Conference

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend. The messages that will be shared are what Heavenly Father wants us to know right now. We have a prophet on this earth today and he is going to talk to us. Sometimes I think that it would have been amazing to be alive when one of the prophets in the scriptures was alive because then I could have heard him speak. Well, I get to hear a prophet of God speak every 6 months. What a wonderful blessing. It's sad, however, that more often than not people of this church don't listen. Or if they do listen then they don't remember or apply it to their lives. What did the prophets and apostles speak about 6 months ago? They are receiving revelation of how we are to live our lives. We need to listen and continue to study and apply their messages until they speak again.

I know that I have not been very good at this, but I've determined to be better. I have made the decision to download all the sessions of conference and listen to it in my car. I started this yesterday afternoon and I've already listened to the first session and President Uchtdorf's talk twice. I was previously using this time listening to a bunch of junk on the radio. It was amazing how happy I have been. Yesterday was a really frustrating day, but I was happier than I have been for a long time. I know that studying the messages of General Conference and really making an effort to push out the gunk of the world and to bring the spirit into our lives will make a huge difference. I encourage everyone reading this to listen to the prophets and apostles of God this weekend and over the next 6 months to make an effort to apply what they have said to us. I promise that it will only bless your life. Enjoy Conference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment