Thursday, August 6, 2015

Baby Clary

Brendan and I are so excited to announce that we are having a baby!!! Our baby is due February 6, 2016 and we can't wait to be parents!!

Pretty much since we got married I was baby hungry, but we as a couple weren't ready. Then in July of 2014 we both started feeling like it just might be the right time. We fasted and prayed about our decision and both felt a confirming answer: it was time for us to become parents. And with that we started trying. We were trying for about 9 months and each month was so hard to get that negative answer. I know so many women who have gone years and years without getting pregnant so I know 9 months really isn't that long in comparison, but it was still hard. Luckily I had an amazing support system made up of my husband, mom, and of course my Savior. We didn't tell anyone else because we wanted it to be a surprise.

In April, we were listening to General Conference and there was a lot of emphasis on family. That was so hard for me, but at the same time I'm happy that these things are being said because they are the very reasons I want so badly to have a child. Brendan came home from priesthood session and told me that he had a very strong impression that we should tell our families what was going on. We felt that there is power in combined prayers and faith. We also felt that the people closest to us should be a part of such a great miracle. There were lots of tears and hugs and words of comfort from both sides. Each time we saw our family after that there were lots more hugs and we felt so loved during this time. That month was another negative result, but I wasn't distressed like I normally got. I felt the power of the faith and prayers in my behalf. I am so grateful for our families and the love and strength we received from them.

Then finally in May it happened! I didn't know until May 31 so I still had to go through a Mother's Day thinking that I might not ever be a mother. That was hard, but again our families reached out with love and made it a little bit easier. Brendan's cute nieces kept telling me that I was still a mom because my babies were in heaven just waiting to come down. And my cute sister in law told me that I am like a second mom to her 2 girls.

Like I said, I found out on May 31 that I was pregnant. It was a Sunday and I was just laying in bed so nervous to take the test. Brendan was up and getting ready because he had to go to a meeting. He saw that I was upset about something so he asked what was wrong. I told him that I could take the test. He asked if I was going to take it before church or not because he didn't want me to be upset at church if it was negative again. I told him that I couldn't wait that long so I would take it before. He kissed me and left. I took the test and tried to stay calm. There were 2 pink lines!!! I was pregnant! I immediately started crying my eyes out and dropped to my knees to give thanks to my Father in Heaven. I met Brendan at the church in the chapel. He knew as soon as he saw my face what the answer was. He just kept saying "really?" and I could tell that he was a little emotional about it. We both sat through church the happiest people in the world!

We face timed with my parents as soon as we got back because they were going on a trip and I had to tell my mom immediately! Then we had to figure out how to tell Brendan's family because we were going over there for Sunday dinner. We were celebrating Brendan's mom's birthday so we decided to write something in the card. Brendan came up with this little gem:


We sat all through dinner and cake eating without spilling the beans and it was totally worth it to get a priceless reaction. I'll post the video when I can get it to work.

We wanted to tell my family all together but they were being pains in the you know what and not getting together so we told them each individually. We face timed with my little sister and her husband. Then at Sunday dinner we told one of my brothers by attempting to stick a note onto their youngest that said "I'm not going to be the baby anymore" because he is the youngest grandchild. It didn't really stick... but they eventually found it and figured it out. And then we told my oldest brother by going to their house and just telling them.

Anyway I'm 13 weeks along and almost to my 2nd trimester. I have been super sick and I cannot wait for the morning sickness to be over. I don't throw up much but I feel like death all day long. And it just gets worse and worse as the day goes on. Oh well! This baby will be so worth it!! I have started showing a little bit which is super weird and kinda not so fun when I'm used to being skinny, but also way exciting!

We are so happy and excited and nervous and every other emotion you can think of, but most of all we are so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted us with one of His precious children. I am especially grateful for the most caring and supportive husband in the entire world. This hasn't been easy on him either as he waits on me hand and foot. We can't wait until February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment